Osprey’s far point 55 is the perfect companion for a long weekend. Feel free to add an extra sweater and a pair of waterproof boots; this pack is designed to handle loads up to 50 pounds. The lightwood frame suspension transfers the load from harness to hip belt. A mesh back panel improves ventilation and the mesh on the harness and hip belt reduces chafing under load. The entire suspension stows away under a zippered panel creating a sleek silhouette for transport. Unzip the lockable sliders to access the main compartment. Inside there’s a mesh pocket for small items. Dual compression straps keep cargo from shifting during Transit. Outside you’ll find a zippered front panel slash pocket to keep you organized and sewn attachment points to lash on extra gear. No matter how much you choose to carry, dual compression straps stabilize the load. The main far point 55 pack comes with a detachable far point day pack to carry the essential for a hike in the hills or an excursion downtown.
- Stowaway backpanel, harness and hipbelt with zippered rear flap for protection
- Detachable daypack provides additional storage and organization ideal for daytrips or carry-on
- Durable fabrics in high-wear areas combine with smart design to create a lightweight and tough travel pack that will last a lifetime.
- Large panel zip access to main compartment
- Lockable sliders on main compartment zipper